Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Magnum Ice Cream Bar - Vanilla Almond

Magnum Ice Cream Bar -  Vanilla Almond


Magnum Ice Cream Bar


Today I saw the Magnum Ice Bar on sale while wandering through the freezer isle. I thought I would give them a try and see if they lived up to all the hype that the TV commercials were generating.


Magnum Ice Cream Bar

The packaging is definitely fancy compared to the Haagen Dazs bar. The gold foil wrapping definitely convey a sense of  a high end product but will the taste deliver the goods?

Magnum Ice Cream Bar

I let the bar rest a few minutes on the counter before I took my first bite. I wanted the ice cream inside to be soft  so that it won't instantly freeze my taste buds so that I can make a solid judgment. Upon  taking my first bite the chocolate shell splintered leaving broken pieces where I had taken my bite. I think the chocolate coating is not as thick as the Haagen Daz bar.

Magnum Ice Cream Bar

The next thing I wanted to compare was the vanilla ice cream inside. The Magnum bar had vanilla bean specs to convey that real vanilla that was used. It definitely had good vanilla flavor but the ice cream itself was not as thick and creamy as a Haagen Daz bar. It seems like the was more overrun or air in the ice cream because it was very light and fluffy.

Overall I thought the Magnum Ice Cream Bar was good but if I were to spend $4+ on a premium box of ice cream bars I would stick to the Haagen Daz bars.

2 comments:

Gastronomer said...

Magnum ice cream bars have a very special place in my heart because I ate them on a weekly basis while studying abroad in Rome. It was so cheap and good!

Best Ice Shaver said...

These bars were decent, and I really liked the hazelnut sauce, but the balance was off for me. I would have liked a stronger chocolate ice cream to stand up to the strong hazelnut sauce. We will share about <a href="https://besticeshaver.com/best-undercounter-ice-maker-reviews/>Undercounter Ice machine</a>. visit our blog and share your circle.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright

All photography and written text on all our sites are Copyright of Triple Scoop Desserts ©2007-2018, unless otherwise noted. Material may not be duplicated, published or re-written without permission. All rights reserved