Search This Blog

Friday, July 2, 2010

Ciao Bella - Chocolate Alba Hazelnut Gelato

National Ice Cream Month - Day 2


I hope everyone is enjoying National Ice Cream Month. I'm doing my first ice cream review on this site. Up until this point all the ice cream I have featured has been ones that I have made. It feels odd writing about another ice cream but I'll give it my best shoot. 

Ciao Bella technically isn't ice cream it is Gelato.  This gelato has a great chocolate flavor and a nice subtle hazelnut finish. The chocolate flavor isn't your ordinary milk chocolate it has a deeper flavor almost leaning towards dark chocolate. The hazelnut flavor was spot on they even added bits of roasted pieces of hazelnut so that you get that extra bit of nuttiness in every bite. 

The gelato texture was very smooth, I let the container rest for a few minutes during that time  I snapped some photos. Gelato is typically served a little warmer than ice cream since it doesn't have as much butterfat as regular ice cream. Since your serving it a little warmer you tongue will get to experience the flavor more and your taste buds won't freeze up and go numb.

This was my first time trying Ciao Bella gelato and I was very pleased. I'd definitely get this again when I need a Nutella fix.

Let me know if you have any suggestion for other ice cream to try. I'm always on the look out for great ice cream!

I'll see you tomorrow. Who know what I have in store but I'm pretty sure it will be delicious.

Thank you.







3 comments:

Daydreamer Desserts said...

I have yet to try this brand of gelato, deep dark chocolate and bits of hazelnuts... yes please!

Joy said...

Ciao Bella is my favorite brand of gelato, I've tried most of their flavors and they are all wonderful! Chocolate hazlenut is good, you should try malt ball next :)

Anonymous said...

I have some malty balls, Joy and yes they are delicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright

All photography and written text on all our sites are Copyright of Triple Scoop Desserts ©2007-2018, unless otherwise noted. Material may not be duplicated, published or re-written without permission. All rights reserved